Ash Wednesday Schedule (01 March)
- Ash Wednesday Mass schedule below:
6:30 a.m. Ashes/Cenizas
8:15 a.m. School Mass – English
12:30 p.m. Ashes/Cenizas
7:00 p.m. Misa – Spanish
7:00 p.m. Mass
Stations of the Cross
Fridays at 5:30 p.m., starting March 3rd
St. Vincent will not have Stations of the Cross.
New Spanish Mass
- Father Rodriguez will celebrate a Spanish Mass every Monday at 7:00 p.m. at St. Joseph Church.
Bench for Caps Program
- Everyone is asked to get involved and recycle their caps. 400 lbs. of caps will earn 1 recycled bench for Waldron Elementary School. Bring collected caps to WES School or put them in the container at St. Vincent Church. Acceptable caps are: medicine bottle caps, drink bottle caps, milk jug caps, flip-top caps (ketchup, mustard), detergent caps, spout caps (mustard), hair spray caps, spray paint caps, toothpaste tube caps, ointment tube caps, deodorant caps, caps with recycle numbers of 2, 4 and 5. Lids are also acceptable such as cottage cheese container lids, cool whip container lids, mayonnaise jar lids, coffee can lids, plastic yogurt lids, cream cheese container lids, peanut butter jar lids, butter container
lids, ice cream bucket lids. Please help WES School earn a Recycled Bench. Please call Deb Dalley for more information. Lets reach 400 lbs.
- If you, a family member or friend who is not a registered member of St. Vincent’s Parish and they would like to be included in our mailing list, please contact Pat Barley. We will be happy to include them in our Lenten letter.
- Envelopes are available at the entrances of St. Vincent Church. Children are encouraged to use these to impress upon our youth the importance of sharing our time, talent and treasure.
St. Vincent Salvation Army Dinner
- St. Vincent will be preparing and serving food on Sunday, March 26th for the Salvation Army Dinner. The menu will be pork loin, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, applesauce and dessert.
- The following donations are needed:
100 Dessert plates
100 Styrofoam cups
8 – 48 oz. jars of Applesauce
2 – 1 gal. Arizona Sweet Tea
1 – 1 gal. Arizona Unsweet Tea
Crystal Light Lemonade Packets
If you would like to help work from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., or make a donation from the list above, please call Jean Adams or Joyce Ford . Thank you for your
February Food Drive
- The February Food Drive will be Sunday, February 19th. Please share your bounty with your brothers and sisters in need.
Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!
- All St. Vincent Church’s organizations and Committees need to start taking and savings pictures for the new Church’s Pictorial Directory. More information to follow but for now: SNAP THOSE PICTURES!! If you have questions, please contact Margaret Haehl
Prayers for Priests
- The Church has never been in greater need of Holy Priests. It’s important not only to pray for new priests, but to surround our current priests in prayer. To assist in meeting this need, the Seven
Sisters Apostolate was formed to encourage daily prayer in front of the Blessed Sacrament specifically for our Parish Priest. For the past year, seven women have taken turns each day of the week, Sunday through Saturday, praying first for Father Aaron and now for Father Rodriguez. We are looking for a few more women who would be willing to make a commitment of one hour a week to pray for Father. The sanctuary is open from 12:00 Noon – 1:00 p.m. each day in addition to the regularly scheduled times for Adoration and Mass
to make it easier to come before the Blessed Sacrament.
Church Women United
- Church Women United of Shelby County will meet for a 5th Monday Coffee at the Knights of Columbus, at the corner of S. Noble and E. Center Streets, Shelbyville on Monday, January 30th at 9:00 a.m. All ladies of St. Joseph and St. Vincent Parishes are invited to attend. Also, there will be an upcoming event on Friday, March 3rd, A World Day of Prayer at 1:30 p.m. at the Evangelical UCC, 2630 South Miller Street, Shelbyville.
Lenten Book Study
- Are you looking to enrich your spiritual journey during Lent? The Seven Last Words of Christ book study by Rich Cleveland can help you experience more fully Christ’s Passion and the meaning and significance of each of the words He uttered as He hung on the cross. You are invited to join the men and women of the Shelby County
Catholic Community beginning Wednesday, March 8th, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. in St. Joseph’s cafeteria for a six week study. Vespers are held before the class in St. Joseph Church at 6:30 p.m.
Please call Deacon Tom or see the bulletin. The class is free but there will be a cost of $10 for a book, payable the first night of class. Please register by Sunday, February 19th so books can be ordered. There will also be a sign-up sheet at both St. Joseph’s and St. Vincent’s Church doors on the weekends of February 12th and February 19th.
St. Vincent’s Winter Weather Mass Schedule
- Our policy to cancel Mass at St. Vincent Church will be determined by the Shelby County Schools. If the schools are closed on a Wednesday because of snow or ice – there will be NO 8:00 a.m. Mass on that Wednesday. If schools are dismissed early due to snow or ice on a Thursday, there will be NO 5:00 p.m. Mass or Adoration on that Thursday at St. Vincent Church.